Sunday, October 5, 2008

Movie Review - Wall-E (14th August)

Hello everyone! I am so sorry for not updating this blog. I had a few things to do and I lost track of my updates.

This time, it is time for a massive review. Be sure to stay tuned as I dish out reviews of certain things in life.

This time, I will be reviewing Wall-E, which happens to be a movie that is entirely different from all Pixar movies, like The Incredible and Finding Nemo (Just to name a few).

This movie is in conjunction to a birthday celebration of a close friend of mine. Just decided to watch a grand opening, for once in my life.

Anyway, Wall-E was an innovative movie that reminds me of the Star Wars character named R2-D2. Heck, the voice of Wall-E was made by the same voice of the character mentioned above!! How cool is that?

Although their main character (Wall-E) does not talk (Well, he talked somewhat similarly as R2-D2), his intentions can be understood by looking at his facial expression and body language. This is the different part of Wall-E compared to the rest of the movies produced by Pixar Animation Studio.


Some reviews from local newspapers have claimed that Wall-E is a bit too childish. But, we all have our inner child, right? This movie is meant to touch the hearts of the young and old. A romance story between 2 robots who are from completely different worlds. This, at least to me, is something very innovative if you were to look at it without too much complex thinking.

It is advisible to let you inner child take hold as you watch this movie. I am sure that it will impress the young and old if you were to just watch (and listen, to some extend) the show without too much fuss.

By the way, the opening act was funny to the core. A magician and a rabbit. Who would have imagine those two can cause so much chaos?


Rating: 4.7/5

As much I wanted to give a full rating (because of the graphic, romantic comedy vibe and opening act), I have a feeling that another movie might beat this movie hands down. Maybe we will see something much more innovative in the next few years.

No comments: