Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hancock Movie Review

The first thing I have said/reacted when I saw the trailer is these words.

"Interesting. A drunken and misunderstood hero, huh?"

In conjunction with my birthday celebration on 5th July (Details in the Jogoya review), after lunch, we (my family, of course) decided to watch Hancock in GSC Pavillion (Gold Class). Seat's comfy. But that is another review, upon request, of course! =)

Well, after watching this movie, it is alright, to be honest. Hancock is an interesting character to look at. But, after all that smashing and drama, I think it is a so-so movie.

Rating: 3/5

The good thing about this movie is that it eliminates the misconception of heroes starting off as high class people (Iron Man and Batman) or college students (Spiderman). Hancock starts off as a drunkard with some anger management issues. No further spoilers here.

The bad part? Well, apart from the constant smashing, not much to relate actually. Plot twist is there, but not strong enough to make it work. The ending is not that bad though.


That is about it. This is Michael, signing off! =)

No comments: