Let me be honest here. I have neither read the book nor do I even watch The Da Vinci Code. I didn't felt like watching it (The Da Vinci Code) at all.
So, when a few of my tuition mates (Oh yeah, I was in Kasturi Tuition Centre in 2005, for my SPM and I kind of met them there) suggested Angels and Demons, I hesitated. But, I guess I gave in, since I have not seen these people for a very long time.
The movie is about a symbologist name Professor Robert Langdon, who was summoned by the Vatican authorities to help them track down their archenemies, the Illuminati. The plot is kind of strange anyway, for me, that is.
The one thing I liked about this movie is suspense and the way they interpret things. Okay, I like mystery, but I am not too sure about the whole concept in Angels and Demons. Maybe I am not used to a movie based on Christianity.
The ending did not make sense to me, until Jean, a close friend of mine, told me about the book and the reasons behind his suicide (or something like that). Apart from that, it's alright.
To me, it is an interesting concept and a little mystery goes a long way. Unfortunately, they did not potray the ending that well, which left me confused and dazed on the antagonist's suicide. Why in the world did he kill himself??? The movie left a plot hole, for some odd reason.
Rating: 3/5
This is recommended for those who seeks mystery and suspense. I felt it would have been a good one, were it not for the ending plot hole.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment