Yesterday, due to an unexpected twist of event, my ex-tuition friend and I went to watch Vantage Point.
To be honest, we both wanted to watch Jumper. But, the time is not right for us. So, Vantage Point was our choice during that day.
In my honest opinion, this movie would be easily understood if you have seen the hit series, 24. The format and the concept of this movie is interesting as it is almost as same as 24. but, with a huge difference.
First and foremost, it is held in Spain, as opposed to 24 being in the United States, which gives a new feel. I was fascinated with the scenery and the crowd in Spain. I felt like I was there in the movie.
Another major difference is that Vantage Point focuses on 8 different point of views, as opposed to the view of Jack Bauer (Pardon the spelling mistake), the President and other people in 24. I personally feel that when the story progressed, I managed to understand the whole plot. It may not be an easy task, but you will get what I mean when you watch this movie.
Last but not least, Vantage Point only focuses on 12 noon and beyond while 24 focuses on the 24 hour format (One hour each episode). Some people may find this repetitive concept a bit too irritating (I hear someone cursing because of the concept used on Vantage Point.
In my opnion, if you like 24 and the concept that revolves around 24, I think you might like Vantage Point. But, please be advised that if you do not like repetitive concepts (To be honest, I counted and there were 5 repetitive timing, with a different point of view every time), best to avoid this movie.
On a personal note, I liked this movie and the concept is certainly well blended with the plot.
Rating: 4/5 (Quite good, a must see)
P/S: Please do vote on the poll in my blog. I need feedback from everyone. Hehe! =)
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment